In this session of A Few Easy Steps, we will Setup Remote SysLog on a Cisco Switch.
In General this will work on any Cisco IOS Device.
- You have a Cisco Console Cable
- You have a serial port
- You have a Terminal Program that you can access your Serial Port
- We are Using Loopback0 for Logging
- Syslog Servers IP Address is 10.92.81.16
Our goals of this session are:
- Setup Logging Source Interface
- Setup Logging Server Location
Setup Logging Source Interface
! conf t ! logging source-interface Loopback0 ! end copy running-config startup-config
Setup Logging Server Location
! conf t ! logging 10.92.81.16 ! end copy running-config startup-config
! conf t ! logging source-interface Loopback0 ! logging 10.92.81.16 ! end copy running-config startup-config
Find out more about DNS in Cisco IOS here.
Check out this Search at NetworkSuperSearch.com.