In this session of A Few Easy Steps, we will be adding a static route to a Cisco Router.
In General this will work on any Layer3 Cisco IOS device.
- You have a Cisco Console Cable
- You have a serial port
- You have a Terminal Program that you can access your Serial Port
- Your default route is for all unknown networks
- The Default router IP is 192.168.0.1
- You have at least one Routing Interface UP/UP
- IP Routing is already enabled
Our goals of this session are:
- Enable Default Route
Enable Default Route
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1 1 permanent